If you’ve been injured on the job, Oregon’s Department of Consumer & Business Services, suggests you take a few key steps to file your workers’ compensation claim. First of all, make sure that you inform your employer about your injuries, get adequate medical care, and keep all your appointments. Here are a few other steps you’ll need to take:
- Ask your employer to provide you with a Form 801.
- Get a copy of the form once your employer files your claim for your records.
- Stay in touch with health care providers and your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company.
- Tell your doctor you were injured on the job so appropriate claims can be submitted.
- If you have difficulty filing a workers’ compensation claim, seek the assistance of a workers’ compensation attorney
Welch, Bruun, & Green are workers’ compensation attorneys who assist individuals in Pendleton, Oregon, with their claims. If your claim was denied, if you received a notice of closure, or if you were injured by a third party, our firm may be able to help. You may only have a limited amount of time to appeal a decision. Act fast.