When to Get Help

When to Get Help

Filing a Workers Comp Claim in Oregon

In many cases, if you’ve been injured on the job, you’ll inform your employer and then fill out an 801 Form. Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance will then have 60 days to deny or accept your claim. Yet, in some instances, workers face difficulties making a workers’ compensation claim and they may not always be aware of their rights. If you’ve been injured on the job, you may be entitled to receive compensation to cover your medical expenses, prescription drugs, prosthetics, rehabilitative care, lost wages, vocational training, and families may be entitled to receive fatality benefits if a loved one passed away while at work. You have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim if you’ve been hurt or injured on the job. In some cases, it may be wise to speak to a workers’ compensation attorney who handles claims in Oregon.
When is it a good idea to seek help? Here are some cases where individuals may want to seek assistance from a workers’ compensation attorney. Of course, if you have questions about your claim, you also have a right to speak to a lawyer.
  • Your employer won’t provide you with an 801 Form
  • Your employer refuses to fill out an 801 Form
  • Your employer denies having workers’ compensation insurance
  • You are told you don’t have the right to workers’ compensation benefits
  • Your workers’ compensation claim is denied
  • You want to appeal a decision made by your employers’ workers compensation insurance
  • You are having difficulty getting compensation for lost wages
  • You were injured by a third party: another driver, product defect, or on another person’s premises
It is important to keep records of all paperwork, denials, appeals, and correspondence with your employer. If you’ve suffered an on the job injury, you may only have a limited time to take action. Welch, Bruun, & Green are workers’ compensation attorneys handling claims in Oregon who may be able to assist you in making a claim, making an appeal, or answer any questions you may have.

Injured on the Job?

If you’ve suffered on the job injuries, it is important to understand your rights. For instance, employers in Oregon are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect workers if they get sick or injured while on the job. You have a right to make a claim if you were hurt or fell sick due to work conditions. Workers’ compensation can pay for medical care, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and fatality benefits.
On the job injuries are quite common. According to the United States Department of Labor, every year over 4 million workers experience a serious work-related injury or illness. Another 4,000 workers die while on the job. Workers have a right to a safe workplace free from hazards. However, every year workers die or are injured due to workplace injuries or illness. Falls are the top cause of workplace deaths, followed by electrocution, and getting struck by objects. Yet, these are not the only factors that lead to workplace injuries. Workers can be hurt due to overexertion, due to repetitive strain, or even as a result of exposure to toxic chemicals or substances.

If you have been injured, you should file your claim immediately. If you need assistance with an injury claim occurring in Oregon, we can help. Welch, Bruun, & Green are workers’ compensation attorneys.

How to File For Workers’ Compensation in Oregon

If you’ve been injured on the job, Oregon’s Department of Consumer & Business Services, suggests you take a few key steps to file your workers’ compensation claim. First of all, make sure that you inform your employer about your injuries, get adequate medical care, and keep all your appointments. Here are a few other steps you’ll need to take:
  • Ask your employer to provide you with a Form 801.
  • Get a copy of the form once your employer files your claim for your records.
  • Stay in touch with health care providers and your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company.
  • Tell your doctor you were injured on the job so appropriate claims can be submitted.
  • If you have difficulty filing a workers’ compensation claim, seek the assistance of a workers’ compensation attorney
Welch, Bruun, & Green are workers’ compensation attorneys who assist individuals in Pendleton, Oregon, with their claims. If your claim was denied, if you received a notice of closure, or if you were injured by a third party, our firm may be able to help. You may only have a limited amount of time to appeal a decision. Act fast.

Protecting Your Workers' Rights

Welch, Bruun, & Green understand that the days, weeks, and months following any serious injury can be challenging for victims and their families. You’ll have doctors to meet, appointments to keep, and forms to file. While many workers’ compensation claims can be settled in a reasonable time frame, some claims may require appeals or may involve third parties. If you have any questions about your workers’ compensation claim occurring in Pendleton, Oregon, contact our firm today. We may be able to offer you the timely assistance that can help you get the settlement you may deserve.
Share by: